The statistics on concussions are troubling:
* In the U.S. alone, the CDC estimates that between 1.6 and 3.8 million concussions occur each year.
* One in five high school athletes will sustain a concussion during a sports season.
* Only 5-10% of these head injuries are recognized and diagnosed by coaches, parents and athletic trainers.
Staff at Symmetry Physical Therapy have received specialized training in the assessment and treatment of concussions. The first step to effective concussion management should actually be taken before the injury occurs, through a baseline screening. The scores from this assessment can be compared to post-injury tests to determine the extent of the injury and to help develop a treatment plan.
As a service to the community, Symmetry is offering FREE 20-minute baseline screenings:
* Saturday, August 20, 2016 from 1-5pm
* Wednesday, August 24, 2016 from 5-8pm
Click HERE to reserve your time.
If you cannot make these times, please contact us at (512) 339-1500 to be notified of our next screening opportunity.